Ice Age

•  
  • 301
  • 0
  • 1
The article states that there are three reasons for beginning the Ice Age. However, the professor explains that this argument is out of date. Nowadays, scientists have new idea, and the professor refutes each of the author's reasons.

First, the reading claims that this cooling came from disrupting ocean current. Gulf Stream that bring warm water disrupted and this phenomena have bad effect on the Earth climate. The professor opposes this point by saying that this stream does not affected Europe and North America. It crosses only in New Zeeland and South Africa, so it have not significant effect on the Earth,

Second, the letter adds that volcanic eruption released many materials to air. These have made a obstacle to reaching sunlight to the Earth and climate had been cool. However, the professor contends that this is true that they release dust an made a layer through atmosphere. But, there are no evidence of impact of these dust in the air. If they are exist, sunlight color must be changed or light had different color.

Third, the reading states that in the past the human population needs more food and so they cut forest to farm. Hence, the forest removed and attracting Carbon Dioxide leaded decreases. The professor refutes this point by stating that this process takes a long time. The climate change did not accrue fast and it's impact reveal after many years.