Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spend more money on improving public transportation (buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

•  
  • 362
  • 0
  • 1
Nowadays, public transportations have made a great contribution on the society. Recently, there have been a lot of controversies about the idea that investigating on highways and roads. Some people hold he view that if the government should invest on turnpike and roadways. I, nonetheless, contend that there will be many benefits to developing the public transportation. In the other words, if governments improved this system much more, the more society is likely to become prosperous in the future. I the following paragraphs, I will cogently present three conspicuous reasons to illustrate this perspective.

To commence, one of the reasons coming to mind at first to support the stance taken above is that public transportation reduces traffic more. To illustrate, if society have a regular public transportation, the people use it more. Consequently, it is more likely that in most cases, the people use their cars less and the traffic decreased. A vivid example to shed more light on this issue is the survey conducted by University of Oxford. The survey revealed that Japanese use subway and train to go to work usually. Alongside with the elaborated reason above, another equally noteworthy reason in corroborating my point is that is reduced peoples costs. On the other hand, nowadays, fossils fuels are very expensive. Not only its costs will be increased more, but also todays cars use more fuels than past. So, peoples must spend a lot of money for their regular transportation.

To sum up, based on aforementioned reasons, one can logically make conclusion that the government should spend more money to develop their public transportation. However, that was the story in the nutshell; actually, there are other reasons and examples, supporting the claim, which are not mentioned here. All in all it is highly recommended further surveys to be conducted to assess long-term effects of public transportation to the society.