My motivation to pursue Ph.D. studies at the University of Antwerp

•  
  • 451
  • 0
  • 2
I’m interested in obtaining Ph.D. at the University of Antwerp because earning Ph.D. at your university close me to my long term goals. Why earning a doctorate here embodies:
1. A complete education. Based on my research on your website, I found that University of Antwerp’s doctoral programs availed of the finest educators in their fields, impart advanced disciplinary knowledge and valuable cross-disciplinary competence such as project management, science outreach and technology transfer. Earning a doctorate also means developing professional skills indispensable to the labor market.
2. A unique research experience. Earning a University of Antwerp doctorate is a professional research experience. I think, your university provide the freedom to fully immerse ourselves in a subject and thoroughly explore it over several years, it also promises adventure, often as part of a team connected to the international scientific community. Above all, it will help me to make innumerable contacts and be challenged at every turn.
3. An opportunity to contribute to the evolution of society. At the University of Antwerp, I found that research finds address society’s needs and can be applied in the real world. That’s why the student is educated and supported in the processes of knowledge and technology transfer.
I choose your university to earn doctorate because:
1. A world-renowned university. With a rich tradition of excellence since its founding in 1852, I think University of Antwerp today plays a leading role in the Europe of knowledge. The top-ranked university in terms of graduates, ranked 300th among the ‘QS World University Rankings ‘(2017).
2. An international university. The university of Antwerp has numerous partnerships with international academic institutions, participation in European and a long tradition of cooperation with developing countries. The university of Antwerp also have many international students and diversity.
3. A tailored framework. I think, at the University of Antwerp, the reception of and framework for researchers and doctoral students are particularly important. The university is closely involved in the European Commission initiative to encourage the international mobility of researchers and enhance their careers.
4. A unique living environment: To pursue a doctorate at the University of Antwerp is to flourish personally and professionally. Cultural offerings include orchestra, cinema, choir, and exhibitions, while infrastructure offers many sports activities per week.
5. Interesting project. I found faculty of Applied Engineering research topic very attractive specially CoSys-Lab. I have some experience close to their research domain which attract me. I am going to continue my research in this area and your university provide good research environment.

Aforementioned reasons are very important for me and I found them at your university which motivate me to pursue Ph.D. there.