Summerizing

•  
  • 86
  • 3
  • 1
Hello!

Thailand's opposition party won the general election on Sunday. The next prime minister will be Yingluck Shinawatra, 44, youger sister of Thaksin Shinawatra. She will be the first female prime minister of Thailand. The prime minister, Abhisit Vejjajiva, decided to resign as soon as he was informed that his party was defeated. He was the Oxford-educated, and many elites in Thailand trust him. On the other hand, Thaksin was very famous amoug civilians. Even though he was ousted in 2006 and is now living in exile in Dubai, he seems to affect on the resul of the election. Many still like him. Some critics worry she will simply do Thaksin's bidding, although she denied it. She said that it should be done by rules of law not by her will.

The promises of the two parties, Yingluck's Pheu Thai Party and the Democratic Party, were very similar in spite of the deep divisions between them.

"Yellow Shirts", suppoters of the Democratic Party ousted Thakshin, and many protests had occurred. In 2010, the tensions between them erupted with protests against the prime minister's military crackdown. Almost a hundred protsters were killed.

The problem is that she can implement those promises; free education, economic improvements and increasing the minimum wages. Some think it's impossible because, to keep the promises, it will cost 5 times as much as the national budget.
Big_en2-f94e3223819fd32ef746d2bb993ffe3d