Journal

Photo Album

Vladimir's entry (83)

Post an entry now!
Vladimir

Dostoevsky Museum in Semipalatinsk

Last summer I visited Dostoevsky Museum in Semipalatinsk. I never did it before because I wasn’t interested in Dostoevsky before. I had g...
  •  
  • 39
  • 2
  • 1
Vladimir

The Game of Thrones. “The Final Cut”

Once, I had been arguing with my brother. He said that creators of one movie made the hype about End of the World intend, for promotion o...
  •  
  • 43
  • 5
  • 1
Vladimir

So, about the weather...

Sun rises up lower than in the summer – sunshine becomes softer and sky becomes bluer… I started to writ it in August and didn’t continue...
  •  
  • 51
  • 2
  • 1
Vladimir

Fantasy and Christianity. The Chronicles of Narnia

Clive Staples Lewis, the author of The Chronicles of Narnia, grew up in religion family in Ireland. His mother was a daughter of an Angli...
  •  
  • 57
  • 6
  • 2
Vladimir

It’s snowing.

It’s snowing. It’s heavy snowing. Big snowflakes are rounding slow out the window. It’s windless. It’s silence.
  •  
  • 54
  • 4
  • 3
Vladimir

Fantasy and Christianity. Tolkien

I never was very fancy of Tolkien before the movies “The Lord of Rings” was realized. I’d had some opportunities to know Tolkien’s oeuvre...
  •  
  • 40
  • 3
  • 2
Vladimir

A Pigeon

I looked out at the windows on a weekend. A pigeon was flying around above roofs. The pigeon turned over its head from time to time. Do y...
  •  
  • 39
  • 1
  • 1
Vladimir

The Spiral of Silence

The Spiral of Silence is a conception of political science and mass communication. A German political scientist Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann ...
  •  
  • 44
  • 4
  • 2
Vladimir

The Game of Throne

I started watch “The Game of Throne” recently. As it happens, I hadn’t watched it before, and now I’ve watched four seasons for two weeks...
  •  
  • 77
  • 8
  • 5
Vladimir

Minnesota Starvation Experiment

In the end of World War II, many terrible narrations about starving peoples in death camps and ghettos from Europe released in American p...
  •  
  • 48
  • 2
  • 2
Vladimir

Obedience to Authority

The Milgram’s experiment is a series of experiments in field of social psyhology. Stanley Milgram from Yale University wrote first of the...
  •  
  • 63
  • 2
  • 2
Vladimir

How Good People Turn Evil With native lang

American psychologist Philip Zimbardo did an experiment in Stanford in 1971. The US Navy ordered the research. The goal of the experiment...
  •  
  • 80
  • 2
  • 3
Vladimir

Best Is the Enemy of Good

I like engineering drawing. I liked it even then I was at school and drawing came easy to me always. I would be proud of this, but I feel...
  •  
  • 80
  • 12
  • 3
Vladimir

A Stupid Pup

I was going along the road and saw a dog. It was a pretty big dog, but something puppy was in its exterior: the way it walked, its meaty ...
  •  
  • 74
  • 2
  • 3
Vladimir

Audiobooks (excuse me for punctuation) With native lang

Once I decided to listen to audio books for time that I go to work. What would I liked to listen? I did have no idea - I hadn’t read anyt...
  •  
  • 100
  • 5
  • 3
Vladimir

Meeting Place Cannot Be Changing With native lang

There is an old Soviet series. It named “Meeting Place Cannot Be Changing” (Место встречи изменить нельзя). I watched it when I was a chi...
  •  
  • 104
  • 4
  • 1
Vladimir

Russian Translation

“Russian Translation” (Русский перевод) is name of a Russian serial. Its main character is Andrei Obnorskyi, who becomes an interpreter t...
  •  
  • 77
  • 0
  • 2
Vladimir

Birds and Windows

Some years ago, in my office the windows was changed. Instead the old windows was put new ones made of plastic. It wasn’t made very caref...
  •  
  • 402
  • 4
  • 2
Vladimir

A Parable With native lang

I heard it long ago in a movie. Excuse me for some words Once in a cold winter lay a sparrow was so freezing that it couldn’t fly. It dr...
  •  
  • 90
  • 4
  • 1
Vladimir

Ivan IV and Anakin Skywalker

There are different assessments about Ivan IV (the Terrible): from “a tyrant and a butcher” until “a progressive monarch and a reformer.”...
  •  
  • 79
  • 2
  • 1