Journal

Photo Album

Vladimir's entry (66)

Post an entry now!
Vladimir

Birds and Windows

Some years ago, in my office the windows was changed. Instead the old windows was put new ones made of plastic. It wasn’t made very caref...
  •  
  • 21
  • 4
  • 1
Vladimir

A Parable With native lang

I heard it long ago in a movie. Excuse me for some words Once in a cold winter lay a sparrow was so freezing that it couldn’t fly. It dr...
  •  
  • 36
  • 4
  • 1
Vladimir

Ivan IV and Anakin Skywalker

There are different assessments about Ivan IV (the Terrible): from “a tyrant and a butcher” until “a progressive monarch and a reformer.”...
  •  
  • 36
  • 2
  • 1
Vladimir

In the Café With native lang

There is a café in the city’s center. I go to there for lunch sometimes. It is a short-order café, but not fast food. It offers food that...
  •  
  • 57
  • 6
  • 3
Oct 31, 2017 13:57 Humor
Vladimir

Sorehead

Sorehead I read somewhere (I forget where) people that like horror movies or bloody videogames are most adequate people. They not apt to...
  •  
  • 61
  • 0
  • 2
Oct 24, 2017 13:09 Humor
Vladimir

Yellow Leaf With native lang

It's glomy autumn... Out my window one yellow leaf of poplar sticks in pine needles
  •  
  • 53
  • 1
  • 1
Vladimir

The Task

A shoemaker made shoes and sent his apprentice to sell them. The apprentice came to the market and met two disabled men there: one withou...
  •  
  • 46
  • 0
  • 1
Oct 18, 2017 13:17 Humor
Vladimir

Some Rules Doesn’t Always Work. With native lang

I remember, when I just started to go to school, I liked the learning. I was sitting at the desk. The sun was flooding the classroom; the...
  •  
  • 50
  • 0
  • 1
Oct 16, 2017 16:35 Humor
Vladimir

The Horse-Day. First Time Riding With native lang

One of the popular pastimes for tourists in the Altai Mountains is horse riding (there are others – hiking, rafting, riding a mountain bi...
  •  
  • 58
  • 5
  • 1
Oct 12, 2017 15:36 mountains horses voyage
Vladimir

It is about nothing With native lang

It is snowing out the window. It is the third or the fourth time in two weeks. It seems winter is going to start very earlier in this yea...
  •  
  • 52
  • 3
  • 1
Vladimir

Anchor (rewrited)

People working on waterway transport (including inland) have their own specific traditions, slang and humor. Люди, работающие на водном ...
  •  
  • 60
  • 3
  • 1
Vladimir

Anecdote With native lang

Some wild animals fell into a big pit. They can’t come out – the pit is too deep. The animals are very hungry. Anyone wants eat and anyon...
  •  
  • 58
  • 2
  • 2
Vladimir

There is an embankment near my home. With native lang

There is an embankment near my home. There was only a road befor. The road went downhill, turned sharply to the right and went further o...
  •  
  • 79
  • 7
  • 3
Vladimir

Uncle Tom’s Cabin With native lang

Uncle Tom’s Hut is a tale of Harriet Elizabeth Beecher Stowe. One of annotation about it in internet said, that a daughter, a sister and ...
  •  
  • 60
  • 4
  • 1
Sep 19, 2017 19:38 book
Vladimir

The Train from Hong Kong With native lang

“The train from Hong Kong” is a name of novelette of Valeriy Alekseev. The train, that is a memento made in Hong Kong, is a symbol of mod...
  •  
  • 65
  • 0
  • 1
Vladimir

Wild Happiness With native lang

“Wild Happiness” is Dmitriy Mamin-Siberiak’s novel. The place is the Ural. The time is second half of nineteen century. The main characte...
  •  
  • 80
  • 5
  • 3
Vladimir

Three Despots With native lang

“There is a despot lacerates a flesh, it is a powerful. There is a despot lacerates a soul, it is a shepherd. There is a despot lacerat...
  •  
  • 72
  • 1
  • 1
Vladimir

Calcio Fiorentino - Florence Fight Club With native lang

I watched a documentary discribed so-called “historical football” about ten years ago. Two teams play on field; each team has twenty-seve...
  •  
  • 69
  • 0
  • 1
Vladimir

An Anchor With native lang

People working on waterway transport (including inland) have their own specific traditions, slang and humor. Люди, работающие на водном...
  •  
  • 73
  • 4
  • 1
Vladimir

How do to translate in English a word “bania”?

How do to translate in English a word “bania”? Are it the bath or the bathhouse? May be it is the bathing? What is things that English sp...
  •  
  • 126
  • 9
  • 3