A Street Cat Named Bob

•  
  • 26
  • 2
  • 1
I have recently read the book entitled "A Street Cat Named Bob" by James Bowen. This story tells us about street musician James Bowen, who has drug addiction and trying to quit it. Parents turned away from him and, venturing into loneliness, he didn’t have the motivation to fight his problems.
Once, James found an injured cat, laying in the hallway of his apartment building. The cat seemed very well-groomed, so the man thought that he has owners. When he was convinced that the cat was homeless - he sheltered him. He had no idea how much his life was about to change. James was living hand to mouth on the streets of London, barely making enough money to feed himself, and the last thing he needed was a pet. Nevertheless, James couldn't resist helping the intelligent and sick cat, whom he named Bob. He slowly nursed Bob back to health and then sent the cat on his way, imagining that he would never see him again. But Bob had other ideas. He kept coming back to James's door, and also followed him when he went to play the guitar. The first time James tried not to get attached to Bob, but the cat was very convincing and stubborn. Despite the fact there were a man and an animal - they got along well and understood each other without any words. Bob really liked to see James off to work, James made a string of laces and began to accompany him to his regular places at Covent Garden and Piccadilly by bus. I will add again that by work is meant playing the guitar in public places. The reaction of the public was positive, and the Bob-James couple became popular. James had to stop playing guitar on the street, since he might have problems with the law. Instead, he found a safer and more legal way of earning money - selling the street newspaper The Big Issue. When James realized that he was no longer alone, he decided to stop methadone treatment and stop taking drugs. Since then, his life has become cardinally improved. And in this he thanks his furry friend