My First Cantonese Interview

•  
  • 59
  • 6
  • 0
My First Cantonese Interview
Recently, I applied for overseas job. Today, I attended the interview. There were three questions in all. The applicants should answer in English, Cantonese and Mandarin separately. The English part is self-introduction. I could not speak Cantonese at all, and only had one week to prepare. I had no choice but writing down words I wanted to say and asked a Cantonese to speak slowly. Then, I listened to the recording and practiced hundreds of times every day. I thought that I could recite fluently, but I still couldn’t present well in the interview due to nervousness. The Cantonese exam officer asked a long question. Obviously I knew nothing about Cantonese except my lecture notes, but I didn’t know why I still could catch what he wanted to ask. The worse thing is to be relevant to his question, I could not just answer as my lecture note was. As a result, I was desperate to use all the Cantonese I knew and stuttering to answer. At the same time, I noticed the exam officer’s sympathetic look.
Though I did not satisfied with my performance, I exerted myself.
By the way, to cram for the interview, I hired a Cantonese tutor to teach me. It was bit expensive for me, but it was worthy. At least, I fall in love with Cantonese. It is a beautiful language. If it is possible, I want to learn more Cantonese.

初次的廣東話面試
最近,又報名了一次海外工作的考試。今天接受了面試,一共用英文、廣東話、國語問了三個問題。我完全不會講廣東話,而且只有一週左右的準備時間,所以也只能夠將想說的話寫下來,請粵語老師慢慢念給我聽,然後每天跟著錄音練習個上百遍。私下練習自以為能講得很流暢,但是真正應試時,實在太過緊張沒辦法好好表現。而且面試官用廣東話問了一長串問題,明明根本不懂廣東話,也不知道自己為什麼大概知道考官想問什麼。但重點是為了切題,實在沒辦法原原本本照著自己的稿子念。所以只能用僅會的廣東話拚了老命結結巴巴地回答,於此同時,也看到考官同情的目光…。
雖然對自己的表現不滿意,但已經盡了全力。
順帶一題,為了這次考試臨時抱佛腳,還花了錢請了家教指導廣東話,雖然有點貴,但覺得很值得。至少讓我喜歡上粵語,真心覺得粵語是很美的語言,有機會的話,也想好好學這個語言。