Playing a Computer Game: The Legend of Sword and Fairy(1)

•  
  • 300
  • 1
  • 1
Recently, I am playing a computer game called The Legend of Sword and Fairy. It is a Chinese style computer game with nearly twenty years history. For part of Chinese and Taiwan people in my generation, this game is the important memory in our childhood. I have played since I was very young. At beginning, I just watched my brother playing the first serial. After that, there were many serials. My brother has not play it anymore, but I continue to play it. As a result, I have special affection to this game. Now I am playing the sixth serial which I bought two years ago. I have not play a computer game for a long time, and suddenly want to play it. So I started to play it again.
I think this game display the rich features of Chinese culture. Players can see the imaged world based on Chinese mythology and the aesthetics of Han Chinese culture. The backgrounds of the stories are all in ancient period of China. It displays that the people are fascinated with the culture in the past than pursuit the future world. Interestingly, although the stories seem happening in ancient world, some modern elements are integrated. For example, robots are called “機關人(artificial men)”. Even they can be stronger or advanced than the modern ones, they have to appear antique. Because the kind of games have distinctive cultural characteristics, it may be difficult for foreigners to understand and enjoy playing the games.

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%BB%99%E5%8A%8D%E5%A5%87%E4%BF%A0%E5%82%B3%E7%B3%BB%E5%88%97
玩電玩:仙劍奇俠傳(1)
我最近在玩一個叫仙劍奇俠傳的電腦遊戲,這個遊戲是中國風的游戲,有二十年歷史了,對一部分的中國人或台灣人來說,這個遊戲是大家同年的重要回憶。
我從很小就玩這個遊戲,一開始是因為哥哥在玩,我在旁邊看他玩。後來也陸續出了幾代,哥哥不玩了,但我卻繼續玩下去。所以對這個遊戲有特別的感情。我最近玩第六代,那是兩年前買的,好一陣子沒玩電玩了,最近突然覺得很想玩,所以又拿出來玩。
我覺得這個遊戲蘊含了豐富中華文化特色,玩家可以透過遊戲一窺中華文化的神話想像世界,也能從中認識這個民族的審美品味。這些想像世界都是以古代為背景,也顯示了對古代文化的嚮往迷戀更勝對未來世界的追求。有意思的是,雖然乍看是古代的故事,卻會融入現代的東西,比如說古代的機器人叫機關人,雖然可能比現代的機器人還厲害,但是外表一定要看起來古色古香。
也因這種遊戲的文化特色很鮮明,對外國人來說,可能很難理解或享受這個遊戲吧!