Typhoon holiday

•  
  • 312
  • 4
  • 1
Typhoon holiday
Because of super typhoon Nepartak, we got one day off staying at home. I indulge myself sleeping late last night, watching BBC miniseries ’North & South’. It was a fascinating drama that let me see the social differences and conflicts at that period.
The implicit love between male and female protagonists is another part I am fond of this story. Compared with palpably passionate romance, reserved and implicit love is more appealing for me.
Living in the northern area of Taiwan, typhoon Nepartak is not horrible as it was expected because Central Mountain Range weakened the strength of the typhoon. Though the weather cannot be called nice, at least the wind is not terribly heavy.
So I decide to use this abrupt holiday to read my English novel. Embarrassingly, I have had not enough a patience to finish any English novels before. This time, I accept the challenge again. I find that my reading pace is so slow, and I cannot catch all meanings in the book, even if I look up a dictionary or read the sentences repeatedly. I felt a bit of frustrated. Even so, I hope I can carry on reading it.
颱風假
因為強烈颱風尼伯特的關係,我們放假一天。我昨晚放縱自己熬夜看了BBC的北方與南方的影集。這是一部很好看的戲劇,讓我了解了當時的社會差異和衝突。男女主角含蓄的愛情也是讓我著迷這個故事的原因。比起露骨激情的浪漫,內斂的愛情更吸引我。
住在北台灣的我,颱風尼伯特並沒有如預期般可怕,因為中央山脈弱化了颱風的強度。雖然天氣不能撐得上好,但至少風並沒有大到令人畏懼的程度。因此我決定在這個突如其來的假日好好讀我的英文小說,說來慚愧,我總是沒有足夠的耐心讀完一版英文小說。這次我再次接下這個挑戰。我發現我讀得很慢,而且沒辦法完全掌握書中的意思,即使我查了字典,重複將句子看了好多次,這讓我有點挫折。不過即使如此,我希望我能繼續讀下去。