Food in Moon Festival

•  
  • 85
  • 6
  • 1
Food in Moon Festival
Food can present the feature of a festival. Mooncakes are one of the example. In Taiwan, we have different styles of mooncakes. Taiwanese style and Cantonese styles are the most popular.
The main difference is the pastry. The pastry of Cantonese style is thinner with richer paste. Some Taiwanese mooncakes are made of crispy pastry. The most common paste flavors are lotus seeds, sweet bean, jujube and five smashed nuts. Sweet paste with salted yolk is also a popular flavor. Chinese and Taiwanese people like the flavor of mixing salty and sweet. The salted yolk can ease the tiring of eating too much sweetness, so you may eat more mooncake unconsciously.
Being the fusion of Chinese and western essence of desserts, Ice cream mooncakes are the unforgettable flavor in my childhood. If you are not used to the traditional paste, just try them.
Don’t look down upon a small mooncake! They have very high calories. It’s better not to eat too much of them.
Have a cup of tea and have a bite of a mooncake when you are enjoying the beauty of moon. How a pleasant way to celebrate the festival!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooncake
食在中秋
食物可以體現節慶的的特色,月餅即是其一。在台灣月餅的種類繁多,台式和廣式月餅最為流行。兩者主要差異在於餅皮,廣式以皮薄餡多為特色,而有些台式月餅則是做成酥皮。最常見的內餡口味有蓮蓉、豆沙、棗泥和五仁。甜內餡時常會加入鹹蛋黃。中國人和台灣人喜愛甜鹹口味,鹹蛋黃可解甜膩,讓你不知不決吃下更多。
而雪糕月餅則是融合中西甜點精華,是我童年最忘不了的口味。如果吃不慣傳統內餡,請嚐嚐看雪糕吧!
別小看一顆小小的月餅,熱量高得驚人。所以還是別吃太多為妙!
一杯茶一口月餅,一邊欣賞著美麗的月亮,是多麼愉快慶祝佳節的方式呀!