A Sad News

•  
  • 438
  • 5
  • 2
A Sad News
The director, Chi Po-lin, who shot the film, Beyond Beauty: Taiwan from Above, died in an aircraft crash today. Beyond Beauty: Taiwan from Above Is the first aerial photography documentary in Taiwan. I was shocked when the first time i watched it in 2013. He showed us a totally different view to see Taiwan. It is an unfamiliar perspective to meet the land we had thought most familiars with. We just like birds flying around the island, and know it once again. We finally know how amazingly beautiful and magnificent the land we are living. But the most heartbreaking thing is how we are harming this land by different kinds of pollution. The director was a public servant. At first aerial photography was his hobby. He made the decision to make a documentary after he saw catastrophic scenes of mountains and forests
Typhoon-Morakot-caused flood in Taiwan in 2008.
Today he was originally plan to shoot the second sequel of the film which was expected to photography not only Taiwan but several countries around Asian Pacific Region.
I was very sorry to hear the news.

Here are the tailors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Beauty:_Taiwan_from_Above

悲傷的消息
拍攝「看見台灣」的導演齊柏林,今天死於墜機意外。「看見台灣」是台灣第一部的空拍紀錄片。當我2013年看這部電影的時候,我被震撼了。他給我們一個觀看台灣的全新視角。那是用一個陌生的視角去觀看我們自以為熟悉的土地。我們才知道原來我們生活的這片土地多麼驚豔而壯麗,但令人心碎的是我們正以各種汙染傷害這座島嶼。導演原本是個公務員,空拍是他的興趣。2008年因為看到莫拉克颱風後台灣的山林滿目瘡痍的景象,決定開始拍攝紀錄片。今天他原本打算要拍第二部電影的影像的。這部電影不只要拍台灣,還會拍環太平洋周邊的國家。
聽到這樣的新聞我真的感到很遺憾。