Ichi-go ichi-e

•  
  • 274
  • 1
  • 1

A few days ago, I shared with my first experiences I did this year. Some of them are very trivial things such as eating foreign cuisines l hadn’t tried before. Yesterday, my father told me that he would retire soon, so he felt that many things he did were the last times. For example, now he thought every meeting he attended was the last one. He felt that I was like sunrise and eager to try new things, but he was like sunset and had to say goodbye to many people and things.
However, I didn’t completely agree with him. I raised a counter-example. We went to watch the neo-classical dance company’s performance “Roshenmon” the day before yesterday. This was our first time to see this performance and very likely the last time too. I felt that my life was also full of the last times and my father would welcome many new beginnings.
At this moment, a Japanese expression “Ichi-go ichi-e” came up with my mind.
Perhaps, many encounters in our lives are the first time and the last time at the same time. When I recognized it, I felt thankful. I appreciate that I could encounter many kind people and beautiful things.
一期一會
前幾天我和家人聊天的時候,分享了自己今年做了許多沒做過的事,有些可能只是很小的事情,像是吃過沒吃過的異國料理。父親昨天跟我說,他現在快要退休了,感覺做很多事情都是做後一次,比如說每次開會都會看成是最後一次的會議。他覺得我像是朝陽一樣,對很多新的事情躍躍欲試,但是自己像是落日,要和許多事物告別。
但我不是完全認同,舉了個反例,像是前天我們一起去看了新古典舞團「羅生門」的表演,這都是我們人生的第一次看這個表演,應該也是最後一次。我感覺自己的人生也充滿了最後一次,而父親也有很多新開始要迎接。
這時我想到了日文的「一期一會」。
也許我們人生許多相遇都是第一次也是最後一次。
當我這樣想,突然覺得內心充滿感激,我很感謝能遇見很多美好的人事物。