Crafts class

•  
  • 373
  • 2
  • 2
Crafts class
Today, I went to a crafts class. This class is mainly for people who have disabilities in order to enrich their spiritual life through doing crafts. For some reasons, I got the opportunity to join this class today. We used mosaics to make frames and learn how to make paper flowers. It made me feel the innocence like returning to my school days.
A boy who sat nearby me kept repeatedly asking his teacher,' can I listen to the music? '. And his teacher answered gently, ‘After we finish the class, we will listen to the music. ’ during the 2 hours class, this dialogue continuously repeated once again every 1 minute. I did not feel bothered because I could guess the situation of that boy, even though I admired patience of the teacher very much. I also reflected myself. If the situation had happened in common people, we might not have the same patience because we presumed that saying one time is enough to understand. However, it was not true in reality. To common people, we forget easily to treat others with consideration. Therefore, what the boy taught me is that when we try to understand others more, including personalities, values, cultures and so forth, we will have more inclusive minds.
勞作課
我今天去上了勞作課,這個課程主要是幫助身心障礙透過勞作,豐富心靈的課程。我因為一些機緣而能上這堂課。
今天用馬賽克瓷裝作了相框,也學會了用紙做花,有點回到學生時期很純真的感覺。
我隔壁有個男孩他一直不斷重複問隔壁帶他來的老師說,「可不可以聽音樂?」老師很有耐心地說「上完課再聽音樂好不好?」,這段對話大概每1分鐘就會重複一次,持續了2個小時。我並不會覺得那個男孩很煩,因為我大概可以了解男孩的狀況,但還是很佩服老師的耐心。這也讓我反省,如果同樣的狀況是一般人或許我們就會不耐煩,因為我們假設對方應該聽一次就明白。但事實上並不一定如此。對於一般人,我們反而忘了去體諒對方。所以今天這個孩子給我的體悟是,當我們更了解對方(比如個性、思想、文化)時,就能有更多包容。