Learning English From My Cousin

•  
  • 314
  • 10
  • 1
Learning English From My Cousin
My cousin is an American. He entered to the university last year. Because he is in vocation now, he and my aunt visit to our house. Last night I told him that I wanted to learn English from him. Then we chatted in English, but sometimes in Mandarin. He taught me some words such as sarcasm and sassy. They seem as kind of humor when talking with others. I looked up dictionary, but couldn’t understand the meaning of “sassy” very well. How do you use this word, and in what kind of situation?
It is difficult for me to understand humor in other cultures. Sometimes I even know humor in my culture. Some people said that I tend to be serious. But actually I like humor.
Later, we talked about personality of introvert, extrovert and ambivert, and the American society inclines to extrovert. For me, ”ambivert” seems slippery word. I think that introvert people have vivid or talkative side, while extrovert people have quite side too.
So I could imagine what it looks like.
和我的表弟學英文
我的表弟是美國人,他去年上了大學。因為現在放假中,所以他和阿姨到我家做客。我跟他說我想和他學英文。然後我們用英文聊天,但有時候也用中文。他教了我「sarcasm」和「sassy」這兩個字。看起來像是某種和他人談天時的幽默。我查了字典,但是不是很明白sassy的意思。請問你們這們使用這個字?會在什麼情境使用呢?對我來說去了解其他文化的幽默很難。有時候我連自己文化的幽默也不是很懂。有些人說我太認真。不過我其實很喜歡幽默的。
然後。我們討論了內向、外向、中性(?)不同的人格,還有好像比較偏好外向的人格。對我來說「ambivert」有點狡猾。
內向的人也有活潑多話的一面,外向的人也有安靜的時候。
所以我還不能夠想像這到底是怎樣的人格