Reading an Article: The Young Karl Marx on ideas that changed the w...

•  
  • 398
  • 2
  • 2
Reading an Article: The Young Karl Marx on ideas that changed the world
I am reading this article. It is interesting, but it is a bit difficult for me. There are vocabularies and expressions I am not familiar with. I don’t understand the meanings of those sentences as follows. I will try to translate them after understand their meanings.
1. You do not have to blame Marx personally for the atrocities of 20th-Century communism to find it difficult to uncomplicatedly cheerlead the birth of the ideology's most influential early text.
What does ”ideology's most influential early text” mean? Does that mean that audience should not blame Marx due to the ideology of communism which had large influence in 20th?

2. In faithfully recounting the factionalism that characterised Marx's rise to prominence (there's an almost Darwinian feel to the way his intransigent elan defeats one political rival after another), the film gets a little lost in the reeds of specificity, and its relevance to contemporary events is dulled.
What does “gets a little lost in the reeds of specificity mean”? Does it mean that the film does not describe clearly the way Marx defeat to many political rivals and his rise to prominence by factionalism?

3. But not only is that forest lost for the trees of historical detail, the uncomplicated hero arc renders the parallel all but moot.
What does “uncomplicated hero arc renders the parallel all but moot” mean?
Does that mean the depiction of this hero is uncomplicated and blur?

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170213-film-review-the-young-karl-marx