An Intriguing Serendipity

•  
  • 210
  • 1
  • 1
Today, my colleague who was in charge of Japanese affairs had guests from Japan. I asked thoughtlessly “would you like any help?” , and had a look of the seating plan. I found the translator’s names was familiar, and recalled that he was my college friend’s friend. I had asked him about language exchanges and if he could introduce Japanese who was learning Mandarin in the beginning of the year. However, I didn’t get responds and I found my language exchange partner by myself. I almost forgot him. What a coincidence, I might meet him because of official business, so I told this message to my friend through Wechat. My friend was funny guy. He said I could tell his Japanese friend that he owned him birthday present. Since it was courtesy call and it was quite busy, I thought we probably would not have so much time say hello or told him this joke. But when the meeting was over, we exchanged business cards. When we were waiting the elevator with these Japanese guest, I told him my friend let me to say. His expression was interesting.
Today, my colleague and this Japanese translator did the interpretation. I really appreciated them.
It is intriguing serendipity to say hello with my friend’s friend in this kind of situation.

2017.12.14
神奇的緣分
今天負責日本業務的同事有日本來的客人,我隨口問「要不要幫忙?」,看了看座位表,覺得翻譯的名子有點眼熟,他是我大學朋友的朋友,年初有問過他有關語言交換的事情請他可不可以介紹學中文的日本人,但是沒有得到回音,後來我自己找到了語伴,幾乎忘了這個人。
我覺得能因為公事而會面真是太巧了所以我用微信告訴的我朋友。我朋友是個風趣的人,他說我可以告訴他還欠我朋友一份生日禮物。我原本以為我不會跟他打招呼更別提要說這個笑話,因為這是正式的拜會,而且很緊湊。但後來我跟他交換了名片,在等電梯的時候講了這個笑話,他的表情很好玩。
今天,他和我的同事擔任口譯的工作,把很難的談話流暢地翻譯出來,覺得既敬佩又羨慕。能夠和朋友的朋友打招呼,我覺得是很神奇的緣分。