Eventful Day Part One

•  
  • 233
  • 0
  • 2
My colleague and I had an adventure at work the other day. I want to talk about it here, because everything was so coincidental, but in a bad way. My company has received a test from the headquarter months ago, which is that my company is required to send people out, on a regular basis, to drive a truck (my company sells trucks) to some logistic markets where we have to talk to people, telling them the advantages of our trucks, asking if they are interested, and taking pictures as a proof that we have done it ect. I was tasked with that on that day, along with my colleague. Although I wasn’t supposed to do it, I’m in charge of foreign market. My colleague wasn’t so willing to go there with me, apparently because I cannot drive. There weren’t any drivers ready to talk to us in the first logistic market we arrive at. So we kept finding another market, and this mission fell upon the shoulder of my map. We knew that we should not trust maps too much, but this is what we did. We finally tasted the bitterness of trusting maps too much when we were forced to go to a charged bridge after we blindly followed the direction my map pointed. But they only accepted cash, so we had to come up to the person behind us to ask him to give us some cash and in return we sent the same amount of money to him by phone. And this seemed to be the first of several other mishaps that followed. The truck we were driving was not considered legitimate to go on roads for some reason. We met the people that we were afraid of most- traffic police, right after we crossed the bridge, but fortunately they did not notice us so we just drove by. We were supposed to drive back at the next place where we could reverse our direction, but since they were still there what we could not do is to drive back from the bridge. So we continued driving and finding an alternative road to drive back.
我的同事和我前几天在工作的时候有一段奇遇。我想在这里谈谈这个,因为所有事情都太巧合了,真是无巧不成书。几个月之前,总部给我公司下达了一个命令,让我们隔几天就派人开卡车(我公司是卖卡车的)到物流市场,在那里我们去找司机交流,告诉他们我们车的优势,问问他们是否对我们的车感兴趣,照几张照片证明这事我们做了等等。那天公司派我的同事和我去跑市场。虽然我是不应该去的,因为我是做国外市场的。我同事显然不想和我一块,因为我不会开车。我们到的第一个物流市场没有人有空和我们交流,所以我们继续找别的物流市场,这个任务就落到地图的肩膀上了。我们知道我们不应该太相信地图了,但是我们相信了。我们尝到相信地图的苦头了当我们盲目的跟随地图指的方向,然后被迫驶向上了一座收费的大桥,当时我们没有回头路了。但是他们只收现金,我们当时没有现金。我们只好去找后边的人问他要些现金,然后我们在给他手机转账。然而这个好像只是一连串不幸的事情的第一个。我们开的卡车其实不应该上路的,由于种种原因。当我们跨过那个桥之后,我们遇见了我们最害怕的一帮人-交警,不过辛亏他们没有盯上我们,我们一蹬油门就跑了。我们应该在下一个路口开回去的,但由于那些交警的存在,我们可以做的就是别沿路开回去。所以我们就一边往前走一边找别的路回去。