Sundance Kid

•  
  • 159
  • 0
  • 0
Sundance Kid
Good morning, today I’m going to talk about my iconic figure of the wild west ! He is named Harry Alonzo Laugabaugh but mostly known with his nickname : Sundance Kid. He was born in 1867 in Pensylvania. His family is a Pensilvanya natives. He died in 1908 then aged of 40 years old in a mysterious way because we don’t know exactly how.

Firstly, he bacame a figure of the wild west when in 1887 he stole a gun, a horse and saddle in Sundance this is why he his named ‘Sundance’.This way he went to jail, It was his first imprisonment. Nethertheless, after his emprisonment he worked in a ranch hand. Meanwhile, he bacame an outlaw by taking part of bank and train robbery. He was a famous thief and became a member and also the leader of the group « Butch Cassidy » an outlaw gang.

I choose this iconic figure because I was in the first place attracted by his nickname, then I made research about him and discover a clever and crafty man because he was famous for his non use of violence when he rob. Although he is a nasty person because the gang had anyway killed 5 persons, I like the fact that he tried to stay non violent.

At last, Sundance Kid corresponds to the definition of an anti hero because he was brave to accomplish spiteful thing. He’s still a myth of the Frontier because we can see references of him or his gang in a lot of movies such as the Simpson, The Texas Ranger or Far west 89.