IELTS writing practice No.1

•  
  • 722
  • 1
  • 4
Task:
Present a written argument or case to an educated reader with no specialist knowledge of the following topic:
There are many different types of music in the world today, why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere nowadays?

The following is my practice writing:

I think music is a gift for human being. It is a good way for people to express their feelings of passion, love, joy, or passion and disappointment. Sometimes although people speak different languages, they can still share their love through music. There are many great musicians in the history and nowadays, they are loved by the whole world, not just their countries.

Music is also a kind of inspiration for people. That’s why there are always theme songs for big events like the Olympics or the World Cup. Music gives people courage and power.

It’s really hard to say traditional music or international music which one is more important. I think international music is a big industry now and make huge money every year. But traditional music is kinda unique and should be protected.

Since I don’t have a particular subject to write about tonight, I went to a IELTS practice book and found the above writing task. Then I found it’s much harder to write a formal essay on a given subject then to write a casual blog. I haven’t done it in almost two years.

Well, I would like to take the challenge and improve my writing skills through constant practice. I hope you can check them for me.^_^