I read an article in the New York Times.

•  
  • 114
  • 0
  • 0
(https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/18/opinion/sunday/protecting-elephants.html)
This article is written in “poaching or habitat loss of elephants caused by human encroachment.”
I feel sad because I knew ivory fetch a high price so the human poaching it or hunt elephant for sports or entertainment. Between 1979 and 1988, more than half of Africa’s elephant population was killed for the ivory trade, some 700,000 animals. Between 2002 and 2011, 62 percent of African forest elephants vanished, and between 2007 and 2014, the numbers of savanna elephants dropped by nearly a third, with tens of thousands killed each year.
What do you think about this number? I feel it is numerous. As long as the markets of ivory are existed, poaching just will not go away so the trade of ivory should be more strictly controlled.
The Obama administration tightened restrictions on the domestic sale of ivory and on legal commercial hunting in Africa but Trump administration announced that it would lift the ban.
I can’t take it so I hunger don’t kill their anymore. The human activities caused a great deal of damage to the nature and animals. There is one of this too. We should have lost a lot because of it. I want you to understand it.