I read an article of the Japan times.

•  
  • 111
  • 0
  • 1
I read an article of the Japan times.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2017/06/19/commentary/world-commentary/remembering-helmut-kohls-unfinished-business/)
It is written in Helmut Kohl who put German history to bed. Kohl is a person of distinguished service for prime minister. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, He unified of East and West Germany in persuading Mikhail Gorbachev, the last Soviet leader and French President Mitterrand. This achievement is said it is the consequence of some effort or action of Kohl and friendly relationship with each government leaders. In addition to this he made the base of the government or economy in Europe. Furthermore, he contributed to deepening the United State and European relationship. U.S. President George H.W. Bush said “Kohl is one of the greatest post‐war leaders, and European commission chief.” Kohl’s legacy of peace and soft power is still strong, but he took a lot of unfinished business with him, because he passed away on Friday. He was 87. I don’t know the great primer, kohl until I read this article. It is difficult for me to read the article written in English, but I felt that I want to be interested in more news not only domestic but also another country from now on.