Border Town Wanderer Prologue

•  
  • 471
  • 1
  • 1
Border Town Wanderer by Gu Long

Prologue Hong Xue (Red Snow)

There was no other colours in the room, except black!

Even the setting sun shone through the window had turned into an ominous dead grey.

Before the setting sun shone through the window, she has knelt before the black shrine on a black cushion.

The black curtain drooped. No one could see which deity was in it, nor one could see her face.

Her face was covered by a black veil. Her black gown fell on the ground like dark clouds, only revealed her shriveled, old, ghost-like hands.

She put her palms together devoutly and murmured. However, she was not praying to God, but cursing.

She was cursing God, cursing human beings, and cursing all things on earth.

A young man in black knelt behind her without moving, as if he had been knelt here with her from time immemorial, and would always knelt here until all things on earth were destroyed.

The setting sun was shining on his face. His face profile was handsome and sharp, but was like to be built by ice and snow from a distant mountain.

The setting sun was bleak and the wind was whistling.

She suddenly stood up, tore off the black curtain before the shrine, and took out a black iron box.

Was the iron box the deity that she believed in? She held it hard, blue veins stood out on the back of her hands, but she was still trembling.

There was a saber on the divine table. The sheath was black, and the hilt was black.

She suddenly drew out the saber and split up the iron box by it.

There was nothing but a pile of crimson powder in the iron box.

She grabbed a little: "Do you know what it is?"

Nobody knows - except her, nobody knows!

"It's snow. Red snow!"

Her voice was forlorn and shrill, like a ghost in the cold night: "When you were born, the snow was red. It was dyed red by blood!"

The young man in black lowered his head.

She came to him and scattered the red snow on his head and shoulder: "Remember. From now on, you will be the god. A god of revenge! No matter what you do, you don't need to regret. No matter how you treat them, they deserve it!" Her voice was full of a mysterious confidence, as if all of the demons and devils in this world had hidden in the handful of crimson powder, and had possessed the young man. Then she raised up her hands, muttered: "I've prepared for eighteen years for today, the whole eighteen years. Now I have finally been ready. Why haven't you leave?"

The young man in black lowering his head, said: "I..."

She suddenly waved the saber again, stuck it on the soil in front of him and snapped: "Go! Use this saber to cut their heads off before you go back to me. Otherwise, not only the sky will curse you, but also I will!"

The wind was whistling.

She watched him walked out slowly into the dark night. His figure seemed to be integrated with the darkness.

The saber in his hand also seemed to be integrated with the darkness.

At this time, the earth had been shrouded in darkness.
边城浪子

正文 序 红雪

屋子里没有别的颜色,只有黑!

连夕阳照进来,都变成一种不吉祥的死灰色。

夕阳还没有照进来的时候,她已跪在黑色的神龛前,黑色的蒲团上。

黑色的神幔低垂,没有人能看得见里面供奉的是什么神抵,也没有人能看得见她的脸。

她脸上蒙着黑纱,黑色的长袍乌云般散落在地上,只露出一双干瘪、苍老、鬼爪般的手。

她双手合什,喃喃低诵,但却不是在析求上苍赐予多福,而是在诅咒。

诅咒着上苍,诅咒着世人,诅咒着天地间的万事万物。

一个黑衣少年动也不动地跪在她身后,仿佛亘古以来就已陪着她跪在这里。而且一直可以跪到万物都已毁灭时为止。

夕阳照着他的脸。他脸上的轮廓英俊而突出,但却像是远山上的冰雪塑成的。

夕阳暗淡,风在呼啸。

她忽然站起来,撕开了神龛前的黑幔,捧出了一个漆黑的铁匣。

难道这铁匣就是她信奉的神祗?她用力握着,手背上青筋部已凸起,却还是在不停地颤抖。

神案上有把刀,刀鞘漆黑,刀柄漆黑。

她突然抽刀,一刀劈开了这铁匣。

铁匣里没有别的,只有一堆赤红色的粉末。

她握起了一把:“你知道这是什么?”

没有人知道——除了她之外,没有人知道!

“这是雪,红雪!”

她的声音凄厉、尖锐,如寒夜中的鬼哭:“你生出来时,雪就是红的,被鲜血染红的!”

黑衣少年垂下了头。

她走来,将红雪撒在他头上、肩上:“你要记住,从此以后,你就是神,复仇的神!无论你做什么,都用不着后悔,无论你怎么样对他们,都是应当的!”声音里充满了一种神秘的自信,就仿佛已将天上地下所有神魔恶鬼的诅咒,都已藏入这一撮赤红的粉末里,都已附在这少年身上。然后她高举双手,喃喃道:“为了这一大,我已准备了十八年,整整十八年,现在总算已全都准备好了,你还不走?”

黑衣少年垂着头,道:“我……”

她突又挥刀,一刀插入他面前的土地上,厉声说道:“快走,用这把刀将他们的头全都割下来,再回来见我,否则非但天要咒你,我也要咒你!”

风在呼啸。

她看着他慢慢地走出去,走入黑暗的夜色中,他的人似已渐渐与黑暗溶为一体。

他手里的刀,似也渐渐与黑暗溶为一体。

这时黑暗已笼罩大地。