After Gaokao

•  
  • 38
  • 4
  • 1
Jun 12, 2019 20:05 students Gaokao
As you may know, Gaokao, the most important examination for Chinese high school students, has been finished a few days ago. It not only means the end of my high school life, but also brings the longest holiday I have ever experienced——it's 'more than 3 months!
Most of my classmates choose to take lessons they're interested in, such as driving, art and dancing lessons. Unlike them, I'm so confused that I don't have any idea of what to do during this holiday.The main reason of this situation is probably my unconfidence and anxiety about my grades. According to many examinees, this year's Gaokao is harder than last year's.As for me, I almost cried when I stepped outside of the school gate...
Why is Gaokao so important for Chinese students?To tell the truth, it is the fairest access for us to enter our ideal universities, despite us having different families or classes.No matter how well you behave at school, if you don't do well in Gaokao, you won't have the chance to enter the key universities.
However, Chinese government is trying to promote some unreasonable rules of Gaokao these years. Maybe next year, the students won't have so much pressure as us.
你也许知道,高考,对中国高中生来说最重要的考试,在几天前已经结束了。这不仅意味着我高中生涯的尾声,也带来了我经历过的最长的假期——3个多月!
大多数我的同班同学都选择上自己感兴趣的课,比如驾驶,美术和舞蹈课程。不同于他们,我是如此的迷茫以至于我一点儿也不知道这个假期里我要做什么。造成这个情况的主要原因,可能是我对于自己(高考)成绩的不自信和焦虑。 据很多考生说,今天的高考比去年的难。对我来说,当我走出学校大门时,我差点就哭了... ...
为什么高考对中国学生如此重要?实话说,它是对我们来说,进入我们理想大学的最公平的途径,尽管我们有着不同的家庭和阶级。不管你在学校表现得有多好,如果你高考没有考好,你将没有机会进入重点大学。
然而,中国政府这些年正在努力改进高考中一些不合理的规则。也许明年,学生们就不会有我们这么大的压力了。