The Day 3rd as Host Family: Hey, Please Go Easy on Me! ホームステイを迎えて三日目: かんべんして~

•  
  • 473
  • 1
  • 1
Oct 24, 2012 23:56 homestay ホームステイ Philippines Filipino Filipina English Japanese 日本語 英語
The hectic days continue...
Hi everyone, as I mentioned on my journal entries lately, I have been taking care of three guests from the Philippines as a host family since this past Sunday^^ So today is the third day.

Actually, I have had an experience in hosting a male Singaporean when I was in my twenties. However this time seems to be quite different from the previous one. Because while the former man was over 30 years old, people in this time are a 10-year-old boy, a boy of 14 and a lady in her early 20s. It means caring for these younger people requires more work and time than before. In fact these two days I got caught up in preparing for enrollment in the elementary school. Let's say, going to the city hall for obtaining an application forms, discussing a lot of things with the principle and teachers at the school, filling up many complex papers concerning a health care, copying the passport and taking a picture as well as buying school uniforms,...whatever it is required!

Of cause, those procedures must be done along with my own every day work (><)
After everything was finished for today now, I noticed I didn't watch and read today's news coverage in English that is my daily routine(I love online English news) T_T
Hey, please go easy on me!
あわただしい日が続いています...
皆さん^^ 最近の投稿でお話したように、僕たちは日曜日からフィリピンからのホームステイの面倒を見ています。なので今日が三日目ということになります。

実は、僕が20代の時にもシンガポール男性のホームステイを引き受けた経験があるのですが、今回は前回の時とはかなり違うようです。なぜなら前回の男性が30歳過ぎだったのに対して今回の人はというと、10歳と14歳の少年に20代の女性だからです。つまりこの年代の子達の面倒をみるということは