Actually, I have been struggling to understand English native speakers' natural conversation for years. (-"-* )

•  
  • 978
  • 6
  • 1
As I wrote in my profile section, I love reading and watching news coverage in English, and checking the website of NHK and Reuters has been my daily routine for years.

Thanks to the news sites, now that I can relatively easily understand what the newscasters say and became to be able to read English newspapers the same as when I read Japanese-language newspapers. Besides, I am happy to say that I don't really need the dictionary to make sense of articles.

Despite all of that... why can't I quite catch what people say in movies, CM and talk show, or even the conversation native speakers are chatting with each other? As a matter of fact, I scarcely watch movies and read novels written in English. That is why I am not good at recognizing conversations among peoples from abroad even though there are no problems to talk with them in English face to face, isn't it? This is awfully sad for me and I have been long distressed since the begging of my English study... |||||/( ̄ロ ̄;)\||||||| なんで~~?

By the way, the images attached are of my favorite movies. ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAh1g6QLv78