Our "Stand By Me",-- part2

•  
  • 259
  • 23
  • 1
We had decided to go on an adventure. The problem was that we didn't know what to do.
We discussed it. It needed to be something remarkable, great and cool.
But we, 11 years old and in the 5th grade at that time, couldn’t come up with a good idea.

First Shuzo brought up the idea of cycling along the Yamanote Line. One time around the Yamanote Line is approximately forty kilometers. I was enthusiastic about the plan. But Kazuyoshi strongly oppose to the idea of physical activity. He advocated that adventure doesn't always mean physical activity. He said that cycling along the Yamanote Line was boring and far from cool.

Next Kazuyoshi brought up the idea of participating in a live quiz show on TV. I was also enthusiastic about the plan. But Shuzo strongly opposed the idea of testing our trivia knowledge. He insisted that participating in a live quiz show was not dynamic, far from great.

Then I brought up the idea of testing our courage by going to a nearby graveyard. There was a rumor in the neighborhood that a ghost appeared night after night there.
But Shuzo and Kazuyoshi denied my plan saying that we could not go out late at night. They thought that our parents would pick up on the fact that we were up to something strange.

We woke up to the fact that making it a "secret” would turn our adventure into a real one.

We become convinced that the most important point to make this project remarkable was the fact that it would be done in deep secrecy, especially from our parents.

In the heat of our argument, our plan began to take shape.
Big_en-71641a0b6b26f9db447be0cf2dae5502