Rewriting the sentences (1)

•  
  • 1101
  • 13
  • 2
Aug 18, 2012 10:47 Q:Skills
I'm using a textbook, but I don't have right answers.

I would like to check whether my answers are grammatically correct. I put the symbol (*) on the sentences I want to be corrected.

--

Pick up the subject adjective clauses. Then rewrite the sentences with adjective phrases.
Here is an example written in the textbook.

Karlin also said blogs presented information and perspectives that were not usually available in the mainstream media in the United States.

The subject adjective clause:
that were not usually available in the mainstream media in the United States

Rewriting:
Karlin also said blogs presented information and perspectives not usually available in the mainstream media in the United States.

--

Question 1
Many experts believe the answer is deeply embedded in traditions that date back hundreds of years.

The subject adjective clause:
that date back hundreds of years

Rewriting:
(*) Many experts believe the answer is deeply embedded in traditions dating back hundreds of years.

Question 2
Like hundreds of others who wanted to learn the names of the songs played, I turned to the Internet.

The subject adjective clause:
who wanted to learn the names of the songs played

Rewriting:
(*) Like hundreds of others wanting to learn the names of the songs played, I turned to the Internet.

Question 3
The scene was carried live via video from a bystander who was playing the role of journalist by shooting the action with his portable camera phone.

The subject adjective clause:
who was playing the role of journalist by shooting the action with his portable camera phone

Rewriting:
(*) The scene was carried live via video from a bystander playing the role of journalist by shooting the action with his portable camera phone.