Finally, my laptop is recovered.

•  
  • 160
  • 0
  • 1
Finally, my laptop is recovered.

My laptop, Alienware, had some problems, which I have been using more than seven years. The most bothering problem was that Alienware occasionally couldn't read one of my hard disks, causing sudden disconnection while it was using. I decided to solve the problem last Thursday.

I gathered instructions online, then executed them very carefully. However, I failed-- I formatted all my data in my laptop by accident. (Luckily, I backed up them three days before I started to fix my Alienware.) The simple problem became much more complicated than I first thought.

The recovery was not intuitive, since my Alienware contained both Hard Disk Drive (HDD) and Solid State Drive (SSD), and the latter one is where I intended to re-install Windows. Install Windows to HDD is easy, just boot laptop with Windows disk then follow every steps the installation program instructs. But to SSD, is another story. The SSD must be formatted first in a windows system, change the operation mode to ACHI in bios while rebooting your laptop, then install Windows-- this process took me three days to figure it out.

Finally, I successfully installed Windows and all the necessary programs in SSD yesterday, without any unexpected problems. The whole process was painful, I hope event like this won't happen again before I buy a new laptop.