Doorman

•  
  • 87
  • 1
  • 2
Hello, everyone, my name is Kei. I live in Shanghai, China. Shanghai is a big city. The cost living is high.
Now I'm working at a hotel as a doorman. Do you know what doorman is?
The doorman belongs to concierge which is a department of hotel. When the guests come to hotel, the first receive them is doorman.
My job is stand beside the door to open and close it for guests. And I smile, say hello. Some guests are kind they will say thank you to me, some not.
Actually, stand beside door is boring and tired. Sometimes I distract. When guests come to our hotel, I should take luggages for them. You know, Sometimes their luggages are very heavy. I take them to their rooms. Sometimes they will give me tips.
I have been working as a doorman for 3 years. Although the salary is not high, it's stable. I want to work for a long time. But in reality, in China, there is almost no doorman over 40 years old. Now I'm 34, I'm worried about my future.
I saw a foreign movie before, I saw it's normal that senior doorman work for hotel in foreign country. They are experienced. I think it's good, but in China, senior doorman is no way.
By the way, do you know the golden key? Golden key is a qualification to someone who work for concierge has more than five years work experience and can speak two foreign languages. Now there is not many golden key in China. Almost of them work for five star hotels.
I know swiss hotel school is very famous. Many graduates come to international five star hotels like Four Seasons Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel. They are the managers. However, study one year in swiss hotel school is expensive. It cost 15,0000 RMB one year. I want to but I have no money.
大家好,我是Kei。我住在中国的上海。上海是一个大城市。其生活成本很高。
现在我在一家酒店做行李员。你们知道行李员是做什么的吗?
行李员隶属于礼宾部,是酒店的一个部门。当客人进酒店时,第一个接待客人的就是行李员。
我的工作就是站在门的旁边为客人开门和关门。并且我微笑,说你好。一些客人很友好,他们会对你说,谢谢。但是一些不会。
说实话,站在门的旁边很无聊很累。有时我思想开小差。当客人来我们酒店的时候,我要帮他们拿行李。你知道,有些客人的行李很重。我帮他们把行李拿到房间,有时候他们给我小费。
我已经在酒店工作了3年了。尽管工资不高,但是很稳定。我想长时间工作。但事实上,在中国几乎没有40岁以上的行李员。现在我34岁了,我担心我的未来。
我看过一部外国电影,我看见在国外年长的行李员很正常。他们经验丰富。我认为这很好,但是在中国,老年行李员是不可能的。
顺便说一下,你知道金钥匙吗?金钥匙是一种资格给那些礼宾部的人,他们必须工作5年以上,而且要会说2门外语。现在中国没有多少金钥匙,他们大都在五星级酒店工作。
我知道瑞士的酒店学校很有名。许多毕业生去国际五星级酒店,像四季酒店,还有洲际酒店。他们是管理层。然而,在瑞士酒店学校学1年很贵,要花费15万人民币。我想去但是我没钱。