Leaders (Formal writing)

•  
  • 71
  • 4
  • 2
We all have to work in groups at some point of our lives. Groups require different kinds of people with diverse abilities. There are the leaders and the so called followers. Both leaders and followers are important for getting certain job done. Leaders, nevertheless, commonly stand out and come to be very important to the group as they are those who guide the rest of the people. That is why it is so important to have a strong leader to take the reins of the situation. Having a strong leader, nevertheless, may also have its disadvantages.

Among the advantages of a strong leader there is the fact that they come to be the voice of those who are not willing to raise their voice or are not able to. A vigorous leader is able to listen to their mates and speak for them to let good ideas thrive. A strong leader often encourages people to do their best and make the most of opportunities. Let alone the fact that a strong leader has the power to guide people to go in the same direction and accomplish the goals that they all have.

On the other hand, having a potent leader might also be detrimental to the success of the group if they do not manage well the control that they have. When a leader begins to overvalue their roles over the role of the colleagues they can easily make the mistake of not admitting when there are wrong or not receiving well criticism. At that point they are no longer beneficial to the group, on the contrary, they become an obstacle to the achievement of the group’s objectives.

Altogether, a strong leader is very important in order for a group to be successful. However, leaders have always to be conscious of the weight that all the members of the group have.