The Weather

•  
  • 54
  • 0
  • 1
*The writing is supposed to be formal.

There those who prefer to live in places that have the same weather all year long, while others like to live in areas where the weather changes through the year. I personally, prefer to live in places where the climate remains pretty much the same all year long.

I am originally from Colombia, a tropical country in which we do not have seasons. And I also lived for about three years in a country near the Mediterranean Sea, where they do have seasons. So, I have had the opportunity to live in both places that have seasons and places that do not have them. Based on my experience, therefore, I would choose tropical areas where the climate does not vary drastically throughout the year.
When living in a seasonal country you must be prepared for different temperatures, and that implies having a variety of clothing to stand very cold days or the opposite, wearing pretty tiny clothes to endure high temperatures. Additionally, in places with seasons it is more likely to catch a cold. A varying climate happens to be then, more expensive that a more predictable one, people must spent money in clothing and eventually in medicine too. On the other hand, in a more stable weather you do not have to worry about what you are going to wear. Neither do you have to think about getting the flu.

In conclusion, it is better to live in a place where the weather is stable because it saves you time in your everyday life. Getting new stuff to protect yourself from either low or high temperatures requires time that, otherwise, you could spend thinking about more important aspects of your life.