Should the Japanese government do more to promote human rights in other countries?

•  
  • 408
  • 2
  • 1
There is growing concern about promotion of human rights lately. Personally, I do not believe that the Japanese government should do more to promote human rights in other countries for two reasons.
First, it is so difficult to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries that it might worsen the situation of our country. We have sinnumerable matters to deal with other nations. If the government requires other governments to care about their human rights more, they might take it offended and can give us some disadvantages. For example, our neighbouring country once restricted exporting minor metals and it threw many industries into chaos.
Secondly, it is better to let non-governmental organizations take charge. Non-governmental organizations have brain and passion to solve these problems. It is effective in preventing other governments from using it as a bargaining chip. The government can support non-governmental organizations by subsidizing.
In conclusion, I do not believe that the Japanese government should do more to promote human rights in other countries for the reasons stated above. I am worried about Uygurs and Tibetans oppressed seriously. I hope that mass media help raise concern by focusing on them.