Is the Japanese healthcare system a good model for other countries?

•  
  • 726
  • 3
  • 1
There must be pros and cons regarding the Japanese healthcare system. Personally, I believe that the Japanese healthcare system is a good role model for other countries for two reasons.
First, all Japanese citizens are enrolled in public health insurance. You only have to pay 30 percent or 10 percent of medical expenses up to your age. It is free for welfare recipients as well as young children in some municipalties. It makes it easy to see a doctor. That is one of the reasons why Japan boasts the longest life expectancy.
Secondly, maternal and child health handbooks are a successful example. It supports mothers to keep health records of their child. It leads to the lowest infant mortality. NGOs are trying to introduce maternal and child health handbooks in developing countries to improve children’s health and they are bearing fruit.
In conclusion, I believe that the Japanese healthcare system is a good role model for other countries for the reasons stated above. Americans do not have public health insurance like ours so many people cannot receive necessary medication or have debts as the results of their treatment. Japan is expected to assist other countries in promoting healthcare system more.