Can violence ever be justified in support of a political cause?

•  
  • 493
  • 1
  • 1
Basically, violence is something hated and better to be avoided. I must admit that there are exceptions. Personally, I believe that violence can ever
be justified in support of a political cause for two reasons.
First, if there is an attempt to overthrow the government, many people’s lives will be endangered. Violence is inevitable in such an emergency. We have no choice but to keep harmful rebels in jail. When they resist, violence is the only way to solution.
Secondly, when our territory is encroached by a foreign power, I had better resist with violence. Some may insist to surrender to survive, but I prefer to defend independence. When the majority wish for independence, violence is the answer. We have to fight whether we like it or not.
In conclusion, I believe that violence can ever be justified in support of a political cause for the reasons stated above. This is a very sensitive issue because some minorities have been abused for political reasons in other countries. It is a heartbreaking fact. Those countries insist that it is their policy and other countries and the UN can hardly intervene. So violence should be restricted to few exceptions.