Some people think that art is an essential subject for children at school while others think it is a waste of time. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.

•  
  • 2283
  • 1
  • 1
We take it granted to learn art at school. We are so familiar with art that hardly anyone regards it as a waste of time. That must be the result of our long history and high culture. We are proud of our art heritages. We know that art can help nourish children’s emotions and can let us communicate without languages. Regrettably, some parents or teachers do not encourage children to study art hard because it has nothing to do with entrance examinations of higher education.
On the other hand, art is not taught at school in some countries. It is difficult to spare enough budget for education in developing countries. It must be impossible to consider how art is essential in conflicted nations. There are not art teachers who are educated sufficiently in such areas. That is just a stage of history. We cannot
blame them. It is suggested that developed countries aid to facilitate art in developing countries. Art cannot fill people’s stomachs but can heal people’s minds. For example, art therapy has been proved to be effective in recuperation. Art has a
possibility to lead the world to peace. It is not at all a waste of time.