The beginning of a… dream?

•  
  • 46
  • 2
  • 2
The beginning of a… dream?
I like beginnings because they’re so full of promise. The first page of a book, the first day of a job, the first time you buy yourself flowers, the first date with a new man, the first touch, the first kiss, the first kick of a good liquor, the first moment you hold your own baby. I like beginnings because I know there’s always more to come.

Sometimes you got to do what you have to do. This is what I think right now sitting while I am laying down in the bed in some hotel around New York City. I was in the taxi looking through the window, and this city looks amazing. But things have not been that good to me since I came here. Let me go back on time and tell you what happened.
I was so exciting to visit the USA for the first time. It is like making a dream come true. And the best thing of everything? I did it by myself! Yes, I reached the fucking 2,500 dollars to pay for the Au Pair Program. This is really difficult to reach if you live in Venezuela. Specially for a 23 year old girl who recently got graduated as an English teacher (teachers do not get pay really well) and was working hard during two years of her life. Yes, I am totally proud of myself. I know many people who their parents give them money and everything; I wasn’t lucky enough. Due to the hard situation in my country, my parents couldn’t give me that. Everybody said I would not be able to make it, but I did it.