- I found out the article which explained to me why I could not close my computer quickly.
- I found an article which explained to me why I could not shut down my computer quickly.
- When you 'close' your computer, we say you 'shut it down'. e.g. I start up my computer in the morning at work and then when I leave for the evening, I shut it down.
- I purchased donuts-shaped cushion which I heard is good for keeping the proper attitude.
- I purchased a donut-shaped cushion which I heard is good for keeping proper posture.
- 'posture' is the word I would use here, as attitude tends to imply that it is to do with your behaviour, whereas posture is the alignment of your body and proper sitting/walking, etc.
- It was really hard to catch what the moderator said as he was a sort of fast talker, which encouraged me into more efforts.
- It was really hard to catch what the moderator said as he was a fast talker, which encouraged me to work harder.
- 'sort of' would usually work, but here it sounds a little strange, I think because what you say first implies that he is a fast talker, so there isn't any ambuguity, but 'sort of' is quite ambiguous.
Mar 13, 2013 08:43 Three Good Things 047 #3good
- After several absence, I felt my feet paralyzed after Zazen practice.
- After several absences, I felt my feet were numb after Zazen practice.
- I hope I picked a better word for you. 'Psralyzed' means that you cannot move them, like if you've had a back injury. 'Numb' means that you can't really feel them, for example if your hands/feet are very cold or if you sit cross-legged for too long.
- The session contains two times of 30 minutes, which requires the participants to sit still.
- The session contains two periods of 30 minutes, which requires the participants to sit still.
- 'Periods' or 'sessions' are better words to use than 'times' although you can still be understood.
- Indeed, he preached severely his students but he intentionally did so in order for the participants not to make the same mistakes again.
- Indeed, he preached severely to his students but he intentionally did so in order for the participants not to make the same mistakes again.
- Just a note: you preach *to* someone or something :)
( Last log in : Within 2 days )
- Native language
Nation and regionJapan
1,698 / 233,527 (Japanese)