I'm Just a Rock'n Roller - Cyndi Lauper at The Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan

•  
  • 511
  • 2
  • 1
A few days ago a someone's tweet let me know the following blog entry. This is the entire Japanese transcript of Cyndi Lauper's press conference at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan on March 12, a week ago.

シンディー・ローパー記者会見 at 日本外国特派員協会
http://www9.nhk.or.jp/kabun-blog/800/112997.html

When I first reached to this entry I didn't have enough time to read it. So I saved the link in my 'read later' list and today I read it. Although the entry was long it was interesting.

One year ago, just after the 311 earthquake and the tsunami, Cyndi came to Japan for her concert tour. She didn't run away from Japan and she didn't cancel the concert. Moreover she made her concert a charity event for the victims of the earthquake and the tsunami. I remember that I was so impressed by her action. At the press conference she talked about why she stayed in Japan after the 311.

Last week, one year after the 311, she came to Japan again. She talked about what she did this time.

She also talked about some interesting side stories. One of them is about her song "Girls Just Want to Have Fun". This song was released with the Japanese title "ハイスクールはダンステリア" in Japan. Huh? What does this title mean? Everything that Cyndi wanted to express with this song was totally, completely, throughly ignored. If I were Cyndi I might want to bomb the Japanese record company.

After reading the Japanese transcript, I wanted to read it in English. I couldn't find the English transcript but I found the series of videos of the press conference.

She said "I'm just a rock'n roller" but she is great.

"Girls Just Want to Have Fun" aka "ハイスクールはダンステリア"