Can animal testing be justified?

•  
  • 1610
  • 12
  • 4
As I wrote another entry in lang-8, I have a speech exam before long.
(It's about in 4 weeks. Can I express this period with "before long"?)

That's why I am writing this. The speech take a minute for preparing and 2 minute for speech itself.

The theme "Can animal testing be justified?" is the one from old exam.

--
I'am going to talk about the theme "Can animal testing be justified?"

Before I start to speech I want to mention that I don't like the word "be justified", because I feel the word separate people justice and evil not only pros and cons.

So I only state whether agree or disagree to animal testing. And I'm agree to it.

There are many reasons supporting this claim.

Firstly, without animal testing we can not make medical development, or we must test new medicine by human. Needless to say, human lives are more important than animals, except for some extreme people must think so.

Secondly, maybe some people are in opinion that we have already enough developed medical care, but I don't think so. For example, 2000 years ago, life expectancy is only 30. Maybe in 100 years life expectancy go up to 150 in medically developed country and in other country remain same life expectancy today.

Even such circumstance can they say same thing?

Of course I'm aware of that there are still many animals who suffer unnecessary pains.

We must minimize the pain of animal and make regulation for it.

I understand a kind of guilty feeling that we torment animal for profit to human.

But If I must choose a human life and 100 animal lives, I will choose a a human life.

For these reasons, I am agree to animal testing.