How would I convice a friend of learning my native language?

•  
  • 397
  • 1
  • 3
Communication is, without a doubt, the most important thing in life. And as far as verbal communication, we use language. People who are lucky enough to learn a language other than their native language know for sure that this could be tricky. But it has so many advantages.
First and foremost, when you learn a new language, you don't only learn grammar and vocabulary, but you give yourself the chance to discover a new culture. As a matter of fact, language is a big part of any country's culture. When you know their native language, people are more likely to welcome you in their group. It is much easier to make friends then. Moreover, every language has its own proverbs and jokes that can never be effectively translated. As a consequence, you can learn a lot about a country's humor, literature and history.
In addition to that, having an extra language on your resume is interesting for job opportunities abroad, and even for recruiters who are simply looking for diversity.
Besides, being able to speak more than one language can make you more seem exotic. Even people from your home town might find you more interesting and you can become more popular among your own people. That way, you are enlarging your knowledge and pushing your boundaries, but you contribute to the development of their minds as well.
Finally, once you know how other people live, and you notice how different their lives can be, you become more tolerant and open-minded. In some ways, people who are more tolerant of their peers are known to be happier.
In brief, learning a new language has a lot of benefits on both the learner and the people surrounding him. It can be hard in the beginning, but if you are willing to learn, everything gets easier with time.

PS: can you grade my writings out of 5, please?